Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 25, 2009

24 Hour Bug

Life at home as gotten chaotic and then my body decided to fail me and knock me down.

On Monday I was at home dealing with our kitchen remodel. The contractor and workers came out to remove all the old cabinets and work on the electrical. WELLL.....as many of you with homes know that things don't always go as planned when doing any kind of house work. It always seems that some other "little" thing comes up :o(

After the cabinets were removed the electrical work began and I guess the previous people had done a hodge podge of work back there and it was all a mess and not something that could be left that way. First of all because we've pulled a permit and an inspector would not allow that and second of all because we don't want our house to catch on fire :o( The other thing that needed to be worked on was some plumbing and the gas line to the stove. Our contractor is awesome so we've told her to do what she has to do to fix everything properly so we don't have to deal with it again. Like I said, we dont' want our house to catch on fire because the electrical is not done correctly. So of course with all the extra things that were found the installation of our cabinets was pushed back a few more days. It's fine but our house is a disaster and the only thing working in the kitchen is our microwave so hubby has been eating dinners from Whole Foods that he can just heat up.

The same electrician doing the kitchen is going to fix the rest of the electrical in the house for us so that we don't have to worry about it anymore. Pretty much the whole house was done incorrectly and it's a bit of a hazard so it'll be nice to get that fixed.

Monday night I had dinner with Ms. Amy. A very yummy dinner at the Walnut Creek Yacht Club. Monday's they have mussel madness. For a set price you get salad, bread, french fries and all you can eat mussels :o) We had a very nice dinner and it was nice catching up with her.

Headed home and went to bed.....when I woke up I wanted to die.

My stomach was in knots and I started getting sick. The first thing that came to my mind was that the mussels had made me sick. I had an electrician coming to the house at 10am and our painter. It was not fun standing there talking to them while all I wanted to do was toss my cookies :o( I managed to get them going on what they needed to do and then I headed in to work to get a few things done. Luckily those things only took about an hour because I felt awful. I headed back home and once the painter and electrician left our house around 2pm I went right back to bed. I was sick for the rest of the day and night. I had called Amy earlier and she was not sick so it wasn't the food. I had a 24 hour Stomach Flu because when I woke up this morning, I was fine. Other than have no energy at all from not eating and my tummy hurting a little bit still I am doing fine and not sick anymore. Urrgggghhh, darn flu's. How do we catch these darn things? Hubby was really good and took care of me once he got home from work. I tried to eat a little this morning but my tummy hurt so I think today I'm sticking to mainly soup and fluids. Will try solids tomorrow or the next day :o( I am at work today and since my boss is on vacation this week it should be a nice mellow day which is what I need.

The cabinets are being installed on Friday :o) yay and then we head to Carmel for the weekend. My friend Debbie is getting married :O) and we are super excited for her. The weather is suppose to be nice and I know it's going to be a fun time.

No comments: