Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 18, 2009

Back on the Wagon

There are lots of wagons I need to get back onto :o) one being my blog and two being my not sitting on my butt doing nothing anymore.

Things are starting to settle down and I'm hoping to get back on my daily blogging schedule. I am also planning on getting back on track with working out, which I'm excited about.

I have gone back to Weight Watchers in hopes of losing the last 15 lbs I would like to lose. Some would say I don't "need" to lose them but I feel that I do in order to feel good about myself and how my clothes fit. Tight close=grumpy girl :o( I pretty much quit working out once the house move was happening and that has not been good but I guess all the moving has at least helped keep my weight stable and I have not gained weight, I just haven't lost any. I've already lost a few pounds so I'm excited to see the rest come off. I've decided to join a Training Camp program at a new training gym that has opened right across from my office. I signed up for 12 classes and I'll be going 2 days a week. The fitness trainer is an older gentleman but very very fit and I have to admit he is a bit intimidating but he'll get my little butt in shape in no time. I have enjoyed being able to go home after work, making dinner and relaxing with my hubby so I don't want to be gone too much so for now I'll do 2 days of the training class and then 2 days of working out at home. I plan to start running around Lake Merritt on Saturday mornings as well to get a head start on training for Chicago. Official training for that will start June 1st but I haven't run at all since last September :o( not good. So that will give me 5 days of working out and should help with dropping the pounds but also getting me in shape for this next marathon training season. I'm excited.

We continue to stay busy with home stuff which has been fun but also exhausting. We fix one thing and then move on to the next. I think it's going to be like that for a long time but it's nice to be able to do things around the house the way you want them.

Last weekend we tackled our spare bedroom. We had set it up with our old furniture and it was serving as a storage area for things we hadn't put away yet and it was driving me batty. Part of the problem was that we were having a hard time figuring out how to set it up like our old one to fit everything we needed in there. The spare bedroom serves as our guest room, computer room and now my dresser is in there (didn't fit in our room). The room is not as big as our spare bedroom in the condo so fitting everything was going to be difficult. So after looking around online for ideas and shopping around we decided to take out the full size bed we had in there and replace it with a daybed. It would give us the spare bed we need when guest come over and sitting room in case you want to hang out in there but also it gave us the space we needed to set up our computer desk and bookshelf. We have a spare TV in there with a Wii set up so it will be the "fun room" as well. We are happy with the way it turned out and it's now a space we can utilize...yay!

No comments: