Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 26, 2007

Knitting, Funerals and Arcade Games

First of all....GO AWAY RAIN!! I know we need it to rain but I am sick of being cold and wet and cold :o(

Anyway, this weekend was a busy one. Most of it was fun but Saturday we attended a funeral and those are never fun.

Stitches West was this weekend. For us knitters it's like being a kid in a candy store except all that candy is replaced by aisles and aisles of YARN. It was a bit overwhelming at first but it was exciting to see all the different kinds of yarns that are out there. I was a good girl and didn't spent my entire paycheck out there. I only got a few things but was happy with my purchases. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

The not so fun part was the funeral on Saturday. My friend, Sabrina, lost her daughter to lupus. She had fought for many many years and finally lost the battle. It was a long but very nice service at a church in Berkeley. Church capacity was 600 and every seat in the church was taken and people were also standing. She was very loved and will be dearly missed. It was to hectic for me to spend any time with Sabrina and her girls so I'm hoping to get to their house later on this week to visit them.

Yesterday, we hung out with antoher TNT couple and went to Dave & Buster's in Milpitas. Dave & Busters is like a Chuck E. Cheese for adults although they do allow kids there as long as they are accompanied by someone 30 years or older. Yeah right, those kids were running around that place like crazy. Anyway, we had a great time and I won 831 towards a prize. I am such a kid.

Today it's back to work and it's gonna be another busy week. I'm looking forward to Stitch-n-Bitch on Wednsday with Amy and Olivia. I'm sure Ms. Amy will have show and tell with all her pretty new yarn she got at Stitches West.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh yeah, I'll even let you TOUCH the new acquisitions!