Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 06, 2006

Packing has begun and ended

I took today off to get ready for this weekend and I am so glad I did. I had quite a few loads of laundry to do and I also needed to really concentrate on the gear I need for this weekend and make sure I don't leave anything behind. It is now almost 2pm and I think I am finally done and boy I'm pooped. I managed to get all my training gear and of course my normal clothes in just 4 small bags, that's pretty darn good for me considering I don't pack lightly and usually bring everything I own. I'll be meeting my mentee Sarah later on to go grocery shopping for tomorrow's yummy pasta dinner. We plan on leaving tomorrow around 12. All I really have to do tomorrow is get ready, cook the pasta for tomorrow night and load up the cars. I can't wait, I'm getting really excited and now it looks like the weather might hold out for us on Friday and Saturday. I sure hope it does.

Well I better get going, I now have to go get the doggie packed and ready to go as well. Patch isn't allowed to join us this weekend and since Olivia, Rocky and I will all be gone we had to find him a sitter. He will be staying with Rocky's parents until Sunday. Oh boy, that ought to be intersting. I sure hope he behaves. It'll be his first weekend away from us since we got him :o( boo, hoo :o( we'll miss him but it's probably the best thing since there are boars where we are going and they'd probably eat him for dessert. Right now he is resting, I think I wore him out from all my running around this morning.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey - you did good! Don't forget all the camping gear though - cooler, chair, sleeping bag, etc. The hard part is over.Now the loading, that is another story!

Claudia said...

Thanks :o) Oh and believe it or not the camping gear is also packed and ready to go. I've had that done for weeks now :o) I have issues with things being neat so all our camping stuff is in handy dandy plastic bins. All we need to do is load up the car and I'm hoping that goes smoothly. With 3 SUV's I sure hope so.