Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 05, 2006

Does the shopping ever end?

I bought my bike back in December and when we went bike shopping we made a VERY long list of all the stuff I needed. Bike gear, clothes, you name it it was on the list. My bill was huge but I made sure to get everything then so that I would be set and not have to worry about anything else except maybe tubes or small things that you use and need to replace. WELL, let me tell ya...NO, NO, NO the shopping never ends. This weekend is just a training weekend at Lake San Antonio but you have to prepare like it's event weekend especially because you're out in the middle of no where and you can't just drive down the road to buy something you are missing. I think I've made about 5 trips to the bike shop and my bank acct just keeps going down and down :o( eeeeekkkkkk.

Saturday Coach Joe fitted me on my bike. I wasn't sure that the place I bought my bike at did such a great job so I had him double check. Well come to find out that there are women and men specific saddles (that would be a bike seat) and that I of course have a man's saddle because I bought a man's bike :o( urrgggh. This could explain why my booty bones hurt so much after riding my bike or 25-30 miles. Yesterday I paid a visit to Livermore Cyclery, very highly recommended by Coach Joe, and talked to the owner about a new seat. We found one and of course like everything else on my bike they weren't cheap but I need to have it. I will be going in today to have it put on correctly ( I attempted to do it and although it's on there I think it needs some help). I also need to get refitted because the saddle now adds a few inches on the height so I think my seat post needs to come down. A few inches makes a big difference in your riding and being comfortable. Notice that I got lucky and it's actually a cute seat :o) it has a nice pretty yellow butterfly on it to match my pretty yellow bike.

I also had to go out and get a tri shirt because I didn't have one. On race day you use a tri outfit to do the whole race. This is so that you don't have to keep changing clothes. You can wear the same shirt and shorts for the swim, bike and run. I was able to find some great stuff also at Livermore Cyclery and it was on sale :o) Luckily, I already have the tri shorts so no need to buy those. Bought another set of gloves cause I lost mine last weekend :o( and I think now I'll need knee warmers since I'll be using the tri shorts and not my knickers. See it just never ends. Did I mention how much I love this though :o) I'm getting excited about training weekend and event weekend is only about 32 days away. YIKES!

So Olivia, Phil and Rocky's job for this weekend other than being our awesome volunteers is to tell me....keep on swimming, biking, running, keep on swimming, biking, running :o)

2 comments:

Phil said...

don't worry...i'll tell ya. i still need to pack!

Rock said...

No, the shopping doesn't ever end. I am living proof of that. Because the events themselves are alluring, but the equipment, oooooh, the equipment! :-)

Yep, keep on keepin' on. That's what we'll tell ya.