Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 04, 2006

Maybe it was the pink goggles...

....that made my swim not so horrible on Saturday. Saturday we were back at Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton for another open water swim. Of course I wasnt' looking forward to it because it had rained all night long and into the morning and of course it's still pretty cold outside. We suited up and got int the water, it still took me a little while to get used to the cold and actually get going but I did much better this week. We swam for 30 minutes. I stopped of course but I got a better swim in than last week.

After the swim we went on a 25 mile bike ride. It was a beautiful ride. I didn't feel so great going out but I felt pretty good on the way back. I think part of my problem and why I'm not feeling good during my bike rides is that I'm not hydrating enough. I don't feel like I need water and of course I'm scared to drink while I'm riding so I just don't. Not good. I will have to work on that. I put in a few extra miles because at one point I took a wrong turn, I realized fairly quickly that I was going in the wrong direction and I turned back and to my surprised ran into about 5 other people that had also taken a wrong turn...hee, hee. We got back on the right path and rode on.


Saturday afternoon we went to Natalie's Fundraiser and although there weren't many people there we still had a great time. I wanted to say THANK YOU to all my friends and Rocky for coming along. They have always been a huge support to me and recently they have been attending the fundraiser with me and supporting others on my team. You guys are the best :o)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You did not swim horrible on Saturday! I think we did much better than the last time! About my fundraiser - like I said on my blog, "The people that came happen to be the most generous, awesome people in the entire bay area. If you weren’t there, sorry you missed out on meeting them! Because they ROCK!"

Rock said...

I like the pink goggles. They are your proverbial rose colored lenses... Great job on another grueling workout!