Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 06, 2006

GOOD LUCK RNR San Jose Runners!

Another race day is here. This weekend our Disneyland group along with a bunch of our other TNT friends are running the Inaugural San Jose Rock & Roll Half Marathon. I am not running it. I decided to take a little break and I'm glad I did since I signed up for Nike which is in 2 weeks. The rest of my crazy friends decided to do Disney, San Jose and Nike all 2 weeks apart. I will though be driving down to San Jose tomorrow with Karen, Phil, Rocky and Olivia. We will go to the Expo, have a yummy pasta dinner and then head back to the hotel to rest up. A very special little fury guy is coming with me. Patch and I will be along the course on Sunday cheering everyone on. I really need to get him a TNT shirt made :O)


So GOOD LUCK! Everyone I look foward to watching you all cross another half marathon finish line.


The other exciting news for this week is that I got a new car. I am so excited! I picked it up today and I LOVE IT. All the extra space will come in handy when hauling around all our water stop supplies and of course when I start riding my bike again. Which I REALLY need to do soon. My poor little bike has just been sitting in my living room collecting dust. I was really considering doing the Solvang Century next Spring but I think it would be way too much to try to be on the run team as a captain, even though I have a great co-captain, and try to be a participant on the winter cycle team. Solvang will have to wait. I would love to do a century and I've heard great things about that one.
Here is the new ride - Honda CR-V :o)



On a very sad note :o( a little boy I wrote about when I was training for Wildflower, Jake Raborn, lost his battle with cancer yesterday at 3:10pm. Please keep his family in your thoughts as they struggle with this huge loss.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations on your new car - it looks really nice! What color did you get?