Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 25, 2006

2006 Season OVER!

Well, I think my 2006 Season is over. This year's biggest goal and accomplishment was my triathlon. I knew going into this year that I was going to mainly focus on that and that I would not do any full marathons. I wasn't even sure how many half marathon's I would do. I ended the year with 2, not bad. I didn't train very well though for those 2 and it was very obvious in the way I felt while running them and in my time. I am not upset though because I still did them and finished off with 2 great medals. Well, one awesome medal and another cool Tiffany's necklace :o)

The trip to Disney with the gang was a blast and well worth running the Disney Half Marathon. I didn't feel to bad at Nike and since the money at goes to LLS it's always worth doing it. Since I am Captain with Olivia of the Fall Team I still have a ways to go before that is over. Our last race of the season isn't until January so it'll be a while before I get to sleep in on Saturday mornings. I enjoy doing it and being out there so it's no biggie.

I am probably going to keep running here and there with the team but no major training for a while. In fact right now I have NO races planned til New York which isn't even til November 2007. I may join the spring team but I'm not sure if I'll do a race or not. Olivia and I have even chatted a bit about doing Relays so maybe we'll sign up for a few races and get a relay team going, we shall see. I really need to take a break and regroup so I come back nice and refreshed to train for New York. I am really looking forward to doing THE New York Marathon :o) and to the trip there with everyone. Should be fun.

Happy Running!

1 comment:

tina said...

Got to your blog from Carol's blog... Come! Join our relay team for 2007! We're still in need of 6 *cool* peeps! :)

Congrats on Nike! It's not about time, it's about doin' the damn thing! :)