Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 18, 2006

Ready for Nike?

I've gotta admit that I am not ready for the race this weekend. I am really just going out there for fun and to get my Tiffany's Necklace or Bracelet. Not sure what they are giving out this year. Of course I am also doing this race because it benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Believe me I have spent my share of money at Nike Town on Nike attire for the race. I will be in full Nike Marathon outfit :o)

I am looking foward though to the break after the race. I just have not been in the mood for major training. It'll be nice to go out and run 3-4 miles a couple of times a week but not actually HAVE to and be training for anything. I think the constent non-stop training for the last few years has finally taken a toll on me. I will continue to run a few miles with the team but I don't really need to get serious about training until June 2007. That's when I'll start training for the New York. My goal is to push my self hard because I want to go good in New York. It may be my last full marathon so I want to give it my all. Half Marathons are just much nicer and that's probably what I'll stick to after New York. Olivia and I were also talking about maybe doing marathons but as a relay team. That sounds like a fun idea. We can still get some races done but only have to do 6-8 miles at the most.

When I'm signing up for marathon #6 I'll have to read this post again and remind myself that I had said I'd never do it again....haa, haa!

No comments: