Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 08, 2006

Slowly Coming Back

I am slowly recovering from this icky cold I've had for the past two weeks. I'm still coughing up a lung at night but I'm starting to feel better. I went to the track workout last night, my first workout in two weeks....I FELT IT. We are still doing our strength/circuit drills and we had to do each circuit 2 times with of course running 1 or 2 laps in between and we had to run our laps at a faster pace. I was able to do my workout although I didn't do my cool down. I was talking to Coach Tim and he said to take it easy and slowly get back into it since my body is still trying to recover. I am suppose to swim tonight but he suggested I wait a few more days. It's won't be good for me to be in an 80 degree pool and then hop out to the 40 degree cold air. I will wait til Saturday's workout to get back in the pool. It felt good to be back though. Next Tuesday will be our last track workout, we will then switch to Wednesday night pool workouts. We are on week 6 and Coach Tim said our workouts will get tougher and tougher as the weeks go by. We need to start preparing for the tough course at Wildflower. I'm getting excited about my event but also nervous. We are getting our wetsuits on the 25th and we'll have our first open water swim. On April 7-9 we will be going down to Lake San Antonio to practice on the actual event course...YIKES...it seems like it's all getting her very fast.

doing my push-ups

2 comments:

Phil said...

Glad you are a feeling better cappy. You are training smart, which will propel you to much success for your event!

Rock said...

Take it easy, lady! Hey my pictures don't look that good when I'm doing pushups...