Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 20, 2006

Come Back SUN :o) go AWAY rain :o(

It was such a beautiful weekend. The sun was shining bright on us and it was a little warmer than it has been. Of course today the darn rain is back :o( boo, hoo. This post is going to be a little long but that's because it was a VERY busy weekend for all of us. Somehow even Patch now has his own schedule. Too funny.

Saturday
Saturday started out with my another Swim/Run workout. Rocky brought Patch out for a little while to visit with the team before we headed in the water. Patch loves hanging out with his buddy Tom. Today's main set was a little longer than usual but it was doable and it actually didn't seem so bad once I was done. After everyone was done with their workout we all had to line up along the sides of one lane and each person had to swim down the lane while everyone else splashed them. This is also another way of getting us used to what we will endure on even weekend. Coach Tim call's it "the gauntlet". It was fun, hopefully I can get a picture of it so I can post. it. After the swim we went on a 5.5mile run. Did part of the course we did last week and added a nice long big hill into the workout. I was pooped by the time I got back but it was a good run. Afterwards, we all headed to Mountain Mike's for some yummy pizza, which I needed. I was starving after the workout.

our workout for the morning
700m alternating Swim/Drill (I think, I can't remember, I'll have to double check)

Swim 800m without stopping...YIKES...it was 32 laps but it actually seemed to go by fast and I did well.

Gauntlet 2x

Run 5.5 miles - 1hr 6min (a little slow for me but still trying to get used to running after a long swim workout)

Rocky left my workout with Patch around 9:30, they headed home to get Patch ready for his chihuahua meet up group. Yes, our dog had a play date with other chihuahuas and from what I hear it went great although he was mostly chased the whole time out here (Patch at the Park).


Sunday
Sunday started off early for Rocky, Olivia and a few of my other friends on the East Bay run team. They along with thier run team, Team Balance, ran the Emerald Across the Bay 12k. They were bused over to Sausalito where the race started and the route took them across the Golden Gate Bridge back to SF. Everyone did great...Congratulations EAST BAY ROCKS!!!

As for me, well I didn't get away with just lounging around on Sunday. I had to meet my team for a 25 mile bike ride. We met in San Ramon and rode down San Ramon Valley Blvd. towards Sunol/Pleasanton and back. It was a nice ride and a great route but it was challenging for me. Between being sick and not really having anyone to ride with during the week, I haven't been on my bike much and I felt it. My knees were burning when I was coming up the hills, I got through it but it was hard. I was a little bummed at myself but I know that I just need more time on the bike and I'll be fine. I really need to do some hill repeats. The hills yesterday were nothing compared to the hills that I'll have to ride at Wildflower....so I need to chop chop and keep on riding, riding, riding.



I finished off my weekend with a 3 hour knitting class. I took the class with Olivia and our friend Amy had also signed up. It was a fun class and we all finished our project, a Felted Vase :o)

2 comments:

Phil said...

Glad I read your blog cappy. My hammys are a little sore from yesterday and I was gonna skip strength training tonight, but after reading your back-to-back days of hardcore training, i'm hitting the weights right now!!! ^_^

Claudia said...

good to hear I was able to give you a little inspiration to get your strength traiing done :o)