Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 13, 2006

It's Snowing

It's snowing in the Bay Area and freezing. We have had some pretty interesting weather the past few weeks and this weekend was another cold, rainy and snowy weekend but that didn't stop us crazy TNT peeps from going out and working out. I was out at Miramonte H.S. for a swim/run, Olivia was out at Lake Chabot running "through" the hills and some muddy trails and Rocky was in Folsom for his very muddy and wet duathlon.

Saturday was my first day back after being sick. I am finally starting to recover. I felt pretty good although I was pretty pooped afterwards. Here is what we did.....

50m Kick
50m Swim
4 times

100m free style swim
100m any stroke

2 - 200m
2 - 150m

50m Kick
50m Swim
4 times

Coach Tim decided that we should get a little taste of what it's like to swim during a triathlon so we took a couple of the lanes down at the end of the pool and everyone had to squish down there. We all had to swim down to the other end at the same time. We were all ontop of each other, under each other, kicking each other....it was pretty darn funny. This is how it is on race day so it's good for us to practice doing this. I will try to post some pictures.

After the swim we did and easy 4 mile run. It was a good day but I was pooped. I went home and ate like a piggy and took a nap. Sunday I was suppose to ride 20 miles but when we woke up it was pouring rain so a few of us wimped out and didn't ride. Actually, I didn't totally wimp out I am still in reovery mode and riding my bike in the rain and 30 degree weather wouldn't have been smart. This week should be much better.


with a few of my mentees after the run

Update on Rocky
http://rockyreyes.blogspot.com/2006/03/now-that-was-race.html
He did really good at his duathlon, finished in 1:46:57, not bad. He did say though that it was one of the toughest races he's done. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

3 comments:

Rock said...

Hey, Thanks! Yeah, it was tough, we should all do this one for sure. Should be a breeze for you tri folks- no swimming!

Phil said...

Did O tell ya? There was ice/snow at Lake Chabot. Pretty trippy.

Claudia said...

uuhhh, I think I'll stick to the regular tri's, no going through muddy puddles for me :o) but you both did an awesome job, very proud of you guys.

I know, I can't believe how low the snow is falling...crazy.