Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 17, 2008

Week 1 Recap

Thursday
I was pretty sore on Thursday from Tuesday night's yoga and wasn't quite sure how I'd survive going back. Every muscle in my body hurt. I still went to yoga though and funny thing is that once I got going I wasn't feeling all the soreness. My muscles were nice and loose and I did the whole class. It felt great and I really think it's going to help with strength. My schedule this week is a bit weird so I'm not sure how many days I'll make it but I'm hoping for at least once or twice. We'll see how it goes.

Friday
REST DAY! My favorite day of the week :o) Our friends Cynthia and her boyfriend, Ray, have joined the triathlon team and I had a few things here and there that I don't use anymore that I gave her. They came over to pick the stuff and we made dinner and hung out with them. It was nice since we are all so busy and are lucky if we see them once a year.

Cynthia might be buying my old bike from our friend Belinda. Belinda has joined the Iron Team, crazy girl, and ended up buying a triathlon bike and so now she's selling the bike I sold her. It's funny how I am attached to it and would like it to stay in the family :o) I am hoping it works out for Cynthia.

It was a nice evening with them and I'm glad we were able to get together.

Saturday
Met the team at Las Positas College in Livermore for our Saturday morning Team Ride and our Flat Tire changing clinic.

By the way, I do NOT like changing tires :o( they are no fun especially the back tire.

Our ride was scheduled to be 23 miles and I'm happy to say that I did the enitere mileage. I also moved up one group and I think this is where I'll stay. I was kind of in the middle for most of the ride. Not with the fastest people in our group and not with the slowest. Just kind of in the middle. The ride through Livermore was beautiful, you'd think we had left California. We even got to see cow's, horses & llama's. The weather could not have been perfect, actually it was a little warm but I'll take 80's over freezing cold and rain.

I felt great during the entire ride. I did have a little bit of knee/shin pain but after talking to the coach's it looks like it might be the position of my cleat. I just need to adjust it a bit and see if that helps. I might take a few adjustments/rides to figure it out but hopefully that will help. Everything else seems to be positioned in the right place.

our team manager, coaches, mentors & captains

After the ride I headed home, had a yummy chicken salad lunch and then got ready to head out to Ms. Brandy's 35th Birthday Celebration. Today is her actual birthday......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BRANDY!!


It was funny because we were joking about how old we are getting or at least feeling. 10pm hit and everyone started leaving. If we were going out to a club in the city you wouldn't even be leaving til 10pm, haa, haa. Not us, we were ready to go home and go to bed. We had a great time though hanging out with our friends and meeting and chatting with some of her other friends. Brandy also made some super yummy home made pizza's and a yummy chocolate cheesecake.

Sunday
Another sort of early morning, I got to sleep in til 7:30 :O) that's late for us these days. I headed out to Berkeley Marina and did my 60 minute recovery ride. It was nice and flat. I did about 9 miles out and back from the Berkeley Marina to Emeryville and then I did 3 miles out and back from the Berkeley Marina to Albany. I felt good and was happy that I got out there and did it.

The rest of our day was pretty mellow. Rocky and I vegged out, ran some errands, had a super yummy dinner at
Yankee Pier in Lafayette and then headed home for some more relaxing.

It was a nice weekend and a great end to week #1. I'm enjoying cycling, well just have to see if I'm still saying that when I'm riding 80 miles mostly up hills :o( yikes. I think I'm also enjoying it because it's all I'm doing. I'm not having to swim a gagillion yards and then hop on my bike for a 2 hour ride.
Looking forward to week #2 which actually has a few extra days of riding.

No comments: