Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 12, 2008

Monkey Yoga

Well the training week has started off well, I've signed up for Yoga. Our training schedule for the Cycle team is not as crazy as the tri team which is kind of nice. Two days a week we are suppose to work on Stretching & Sit-ups so I decided that maybe doing yoga would be good.

A few weeks ago I did some research on yoga centers near our home. When looking around I found Monkey Yoga which close to the house and it has a class that starts at 7:30 which works out great for me. A lot of places I have no time to get to the class with out rushing or it's too early :o( A 7:30 class will allow me to get home, change and make dinner and then head out. I don't have to rush there. The other great thing was they were offering a 30 day pass for $30, it's a deal. Normally classes are $13 per class. I made a mental note to check it out once the new season started.

A few days ago our friend from TNT, Candace, had posted on her Facebook status that she was starting yoga at Monkey Yoga :o) I chatted with her a little and decided that I would join her, it's always nice to have a buddy. She said Monday didn't work for her because she had to watch Dancing with the Stars, haa, haa, priorities. We decided to start last night.

OMG, it kicked my butt. I took a class a long time ago and never really went back. I think it was a different type of yoga though. I remember it being hard but not as hard as last night and not as intense. I tried really hard to do all the poses and although they are hard it will get better with more time and practice. The class was 1 1/2 hours and I sweated like a piggy. I was actually surprised at how flexible I really am. I think it's something I will really enjoy as I go more and I'll be getting my 2 days week in of stretching :o) Today, I am SORE but it's a good sore. I was going to go tonight but I think it's best I rest tonight and not over do it. Tonight is also a different instructor and I think I want to stick with the same one until I'm more comfortable. I have decided that I'll just go every other day and try to get in 3 or 4 days per week. Hubby said he might even join me :o) There was actually quite a few men in the class last night.

I am really looking forward to working on my balance, flexibility and strength.

No comments: