Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 07, 2008

A New Season, A New Team, A New Sport

Well my quiet, restful, sleeping in weekends are over. Tomorrow is Kickoff for the new season and Sunday is my first ride. Yeah, the Cycle team doesn't mess around, we start Sunday.

Technically it's not a new sport for me since I have been riding my bike but it's a new distance. Each mile after 25 miles for me will be a new goal accomplished. I can't wait to get to 100 miles :o) although I'm sure by hiney has a different wish, can you say OUCHIE..LOL!!

Last night we had a staff social at Pizza Rustica in Rockridge which was nice since I don't know anyone on the staff besides Meenu. We are the newbies to the team although it sounds like everyone is new to working together. Everyone has been on a team at some point just not the same team and working together. I'm excited and I think it's going to be a great season.

I'm also nervous. I know how to ride my bike and I know I can ride for 2 hours (25 miles) no problem but I still have so much to learn. I don't do well on the hills. I am slow going up and I am slow coming down because scared to death of going so fast, going around turns and riding next to cars. It's going to be a new challenge for me but I think the end result will be good. Stick to the schedule, learn as much as I can from the coaches and have fun. I have 4 months and 1 week to get there :O)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Whoohoo new season! Bring it on!

runnergrl123 said...

Sounds challenging and a lot of fun. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear all about your training. See you soon!

Phil said...

check back on this post when the season is over. You may not see it right now, but I can already see you kicking ass in Solvang.