Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 12, 2006

What's next????

It has been 5 days since Wildflower and of course each day I am online reading other people's stories, looking at race results, pictures and going over my head how race day went. I am still riding high on my huge accomplishment. Towards the end of training I was really doubting that I could do this. I was having a hard time on the bike, mainly with hill climbing which wasn't fun especially because Wildflower was so hilly. My swimming was okay although I hadn't swam the whole distance all at once without stopping. I proved myself wrong and although I had a tough bike and run because of the heat, I had a great race day and I finished. My time was much slower than I had hoped but hopefully the next race will be nice and flat and I can PR. So YES, there will be another race. I am addicted. I am sure you already know that though since I've been on the run team for so long. I started TNT back in the winter of 2002 and ran the Las Vegas Half Marathon. On the way home from Vegas I swore I would never do it again, it's insane and people are crazy for running 13.1 or 26.2 miles. Shortly after the race I got an email about being a mentor for the Spring Season, I signed up. I signed up again and again and again. In that time I have now done 4 marathons, 8 half marathons, 1 sprint tri, 1 olympic tri and several 5 and 10ks. I don't think I'm going anywhere. I love the team and most importantly I love all the people that I have met and that are in my life now. I have an awesome roomy that I met back in the Spring of 2003 and I have an awesome BF that I also met through TNT or "Team in Dating" :o) hee, hee.

I plan on doing at least 2 or 3 more triahlons this year. I haven't decided which ones yet. I need to sit down and look at my schedule as well as Rocky's to see what we want to do. I know Rocky want's to do a couple of sprint distance triathlons and also get back into cycling. I want to be able to support him the way he has supported me all season so we need to coordinate our schedules so we aren't racing on the same day. If it works out I'd like to do the following:

August 27 - LUNA BAR Women's Triathlon, Sacramento, California
Swim ½ mile / Bike 16 miles / Run 3 miles

September 30 - See Jane Tri, Pleasanton, California
Swim 500 yard / Bike 16 miles / Run 3.1 miles

November 4 - Treasure Island Triathlon, Treasure Island
1.5K Swim, 40K Bike, 10K Run

As for running, I have already signed up as Captain for the Fall Run Team :o) I won't actually be training for an event with them but a bunch of us are doing the Disney Half Marathon on September 17th, 2006. I have also entered the lottery for the New York Marathon and will find out in June if I got in or not. If I did then I will roll over my entry and train for it next year. I would also like to join the TNT Century team next year and do my first century bike ride. I will then be a TNT Triple Crown Alumni....means you've been on three different teams with Team in Training. I think I need help...haa, haa.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and for all you mommies out there

Myspace Glitters

Myspace Glitter

No comments: