Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 16, 2009

I'm back, NO really I am...

I am taking this first line directly from Brandy's blog

The idea of blogging has become a chore. Although simple in nature, the idea of writing about something.. anything... exhausts me.

I think it's how I started feeling and part of it because I wanted to write about all our summer adventures and once I missed a day and then another and then another it just became to overwhelming to keep writing. So let's just say our summer was crazy and it was buy and it was a lot of fun. Can't believe we are so close to this year being over.

I will just start updating with what's been going on this past week and move forward from there.

The rest of 2009 and all of 2010 will be a mellow year for me. I plan on running the Oakland Half Maraton and Nike Half but other than that I don't plan on too much training. I am going to devote my year to helping hubby get through his year of Ironman Training and help him with his fundraising. He was told by a friend to expect a fun year but also a hard year. He'll have days of happy and excitment and days he'll just want to cry. Doing an Ironman is a tough challenge so it's going to be an interesting 10 months. He's excited to take on this journey and I'm along for the ride :o)

So he made it through week 1 and so did I...haa, haa. I told hubby I'd make sure to be home in the evenings so that I could cook dinner and have it ready for him when he got home from his workouts. If you know Rocky you know he eats A LOT and OMG now he eats A LOT x3. I think I'm going to have to start shopping at CostCo. The good thing about all this is that I do love cooking and this week I managed to cook 4 of the seven days. He also got a packed lunch everyday with lots and lots of goodies to keep him fueled.

In case anyone is looking for some yummy recipe's I'll try to post what I've made

Spaghetti w/Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes (I used less cream and butter and more broth and I added a spicy turkey sausage)

Chicken Tacos (bought some already marinated chicken tenders from Trader Joes's, they were in sundried tomoatoe marinade, flour tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes and a little mexican cheese mix)

Farfalle w/Zucchini (also cut down on the amount of cream and used more broth/wine and added in Aidells Meatballs)

Last night I put a roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot. Can't wait to see how it came out.

Got to see my parents and Mr. Hendrix who is a little overweight and now needs to be put on a doggie diet...lol! We'll have to see how well he does since he loves his treats.

Looking forward to one more week of work before Thanksgiving week :o)

No comments: