Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 11, 2009

Pizza Dough Disaster

Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, maybe you cooks out there can help me out. I've bought pizza dough at Trader Joe's a total of 4 times. Twice I've managed to make really yummy pizza and twice it's turned out to be a disaster and I end up almost in tears. Last night was a disaster.

I followed the rules....let dough raise for 20 mintues on a lightly floured surface. Did that. Then I go to roll out the dough and I end up with the stickiest mess ever :o( It's so darn sticky that it sticks to the board, sticks to me and sticks to the rolling pin. Urggghhh!!! what am I doing wrong? of course I only bought one bag of dough and since I had no idea how to fix the mess or even if it was fixable I had to throw it out :o( I ended up using all my toppings and throwing them in some pasta for dinner instead.

HELP!!!

4 comments:

Phil said...

so sorry...yeah that's why I usually call for delivery.

Amy said...

I agree with Phil. 1-800-bringpizza :)

Jeanette said...

add more flour if it's damp and more water if it's dry.

runnergrl123 said...

I agree with Jeanette. I'll usually play with the amount of flour to get it to the right consistency. The way the dough was prepared could have caused your different experiences. The water in the air, the temperature and other factors could have caused the dough to be a little bit more difficult.

I usually make my own pizza dough and I've used this recipe a couple of times and followed it pretty closely and it's come out great. (http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/004239homemade_pizza.php)
Or here's another that is pretty similar, but I've never used.
(http://prudencepennywise.blogspot.com/2008/09/summer-vegetable-gratin-pizza-on-whole.html)
Of course, making your own takes a bit more time. Good Luck!