Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 10, 2009

Adjusting

Well it's been a week and a few days since we moved in and we are adjusting nicely to our new home. It's still a little weird to say OUR HOME :o) but it's a good weird feeling. I might cry when we have to make our first payment next month..haa, haa...but we are happy and proud of ourselves for being able to accomplish this.

I was able to take about a week off to move. I took a few days before the move and a few days off after which helped quite a bit. I unpacked, made a lot of different trips to Target, Bed/Bath Beyond and of course Home Depot and we also had quite a few people coming by the house to give us estimates on the various things that need to be fixed. Oh the life of a homeowner :o)

We had a new garage door installed because the poor old one was ready to fall off. Of course our little one car garage door cost more than a two car garage door because it was a "special" size and it needed to be built on site from scratch we couldn't just pick one out of the catalog and have it installed. It's a pretty door and once it stops raining and it dries we can paint it.


Rocky has been hard at work doing handy man stuff and things are really coming together. We are almost completely unpacked. I think the majority of the boxes still left are the kitchen things. I'm hoping to get those done by this weekend. I figure I can unpack 1 box a day. I just can't continue to go home though and do stuff til 11pm, we are exhausted and barely making it awake through the day. So we are trying to just go home and relax and leave doing major things for the weekends.

Last night I actually made us a home cooked meal. I think it's been about 2 weeks since we've been able to cook :o( First because of the move and second because the fridge in the new house (which was an old fridge) didn't work :o( so we had to buy a new one and wait for it to be delivered. I wasn't able to grocery shop til the new one arrived.

The doggies are LOVING their new backyard. Patch sits at the door and barks to go out. He loves being out there and they love chasing each other. When we have the shades up on the big front window they like to stand and look outside. Daisy figured out how to climb down the steep stairs to the laundry room which is good because she had been standing at the top when we were downstairs just crying...LOL!! She wanted to come down with us but couldn't figure out how. She's a funny doggie.

So things are good.

Team is doing great with their training and the Solvang Century is right around the corner. I miss training but I'm glad I can still help out with the website and with ride support on Saturday's. This weekend Jeanette and I are heading to Half Moon Bay for the team's 65 mile ride. We will be driving around to make sure everyone is okay.

Hubby is finally done with schoool and passed all his microsoft certification classes :o) YAY HUBBY!!!

I guess the other big thing going on is that we are making plans for our next race, the Chicago Marathon. YEP, we are going back. I feel like I can't finish my marathon career with a bad race like New York so I'm trying for another good one and I had told Olivia that if she ever wanted to do Chicago I'd do it with her :o) Now there are about 10 of us going so it's going to be a fun filled weekend and race. We don't have to start training til June so at least I don't have to worry about that quite yet.

Hopefully the blogging will get better now :o)

Thanks for checking on us and for all the good wishes you've sent us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the house! It's always a challenge to keep things fixed up, but also a great feeling to come home to your own home.

Rudy