Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 01, 2007

The Big Apple

Well the time has come for us to head to the big apple. Today is my last day of work and tomorrow morning at 9:00am we board a plane for New York.

A MILLION THANK YOU'S:
  • to my awesome TNT family who has supported me throughout the last 4-5 months of training/no training. Having the ankle injury has been a huge disappointment for me as far as my training and mentally has drained me but all of you have been right by my side encouraging me and pushing me through this. And thank you for all the good wish emails you have sent us this week.
  • to all the family and friends who are traveling to New York to cheer us on. We will need it and will be awesome to see some familiar faces in the crowds of millions of strangers.
  • to my running buddies, Ms. Olivia, Amy and Jeanette, WOOHOOO we are running NY in 3 days!
  • to my girlfriends :o) thank you and I love you girls :o)
  • to my parents who have always supported me even though they think I'm insane o) They stay updated mainly by reading this blog. I wish they could be in NY but they will be with me in spirit every step of the way.
  • and last but not least to my amazing hubby who has put up with my crazy running schedule and being right by my side every step of the way. I can be cranky and whiny and he never blinks and eye. He always takes care of me and makes sure I'm doing good. He has never missed any of my races and on Sunday he will be along the course making sure I'm okay. He's the best!

    This marathon by far will be the hardest one I've ever done (because of the lack of training) but I will lace up my running shoes on Sunday and stand at the start line next to my friends and get through this race. I will have a great time, I will take it easy and 6+ hours after I start I will cross the finish line with a smile. When Olivia asked Phil how he felt when he crossed the finish line at Nike he said he felt good and that the race was FUN. In his blog post from Monday he was going through old emails and found this comment that Brenda had left on his blog:

    "didn't sound like you had FUN doing this race....and that's what it's all about - silly!!!"

    and then Phil finished with this this:

    Definitely words to live by. So this goes out to everyone who has a race coming up. Remember to have fun! Brenda said so!

    The New York Marathon is suppose to be my last full marathon so I will go to New York and and make it the FUNNEST marathon I've ever run. I will do this for Cole, Brenda and for myself. I will not worry anymore, I'm just going to go and DO THE DAMN THING! as Coach Al says.

    bye, bye for now. I will post again next Wednesday when I return.


Olivia, Jeanette, Amy G., Lindsay, Lael, Monica, Raji, Tim, Amy H., Sandy & Bree
GOOD LUCK
HAVE A GREAT RACE
DO THE DAMN THING
AND
HAVE FUN!

No comments: