Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 30, 2007

WUUUTTT????

Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, rallied Friday in a central square and demanded the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear "Muhammad." read more here.

This is crazy, it was just a teddy bear :o( Remind me not to name my bears.

Lots has been going on in the R & C Reyes household. I am pooped and although we have a busy Saturday I am looking forward to relaxing a little on Sunday.

Monday we just stayed home and relaxed.

Tuesday was a LONG day since after work we headed out to look at cars after work. My hubby's Pathfinder needed thousands of dollars of repair so we went back and forth toying with the idea of buying a new car for him. It's also a huge gas guzzlor and these days there are smaller all wheel drive SUV's that aren't as bad on gas. Anyway, so we headed out car shopping on Tuesday night and came home with another crossover vehicle, the Nissan Rogue, it's Nissan's version of my Honda CR-V. It's very nice and will work great for us. Gas guzzling/Money Guzzling Pathfinder is gone to find a new home.

Wednesday was also another long day for us. Amy and I met after work and had our pedicures done in Walnut Creek and afterwards I headed home to meet my hubby so we could head to Daly City. My BIL's bday was on Sunday and we hadn't had a chance to celebrate so we did on Wednesday. We picked up Rocky's parents and then headed to a Chinese Restaurant that my BIL had picked out. OMG, it was way to authentic for me and I only liked about 2 things of the 7 they had ordered. We didn't order anything weird but they did have things like frogs, fungus and chicken feet on the menu. I also think things like whole chickens and ducks came with the head still attached, eeewww. I did try a little of everything but the only things I really liked were the noodles w/beef and the wonton soup. Then we headed out to Mel's Diner for some dessert. I had a chocolate covered macaroon...yumm! Happy Birthday Martin!

Yesterday I went home and did nothing after work. Rocky had band practice so after he left the doggies and I headed to bed, watched tv a little and then went to sleep.

I am very happy it's Friday, it's been pretty hectic here at work. I'm really counting down the days til we are off for the holidays.

This weekend we've got picture day with the doggies, going to see Kathy Griffin's show and christmas tree shopping.

I still haven't downloaded my pics :o( I'll try to get it done over the weekend.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Phil said...

"frogs, fungus and chicken feet on the menu. I also think things like whole chickens and ducks came with the head still attached,"

sounds like my kind of party!

Amy said...

Bright new blog look! Nice!