Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 27, 2007

Less than 30 Days!

I just realized as I started to write this post that my ticker says we only have 28 days til Christmas. When did that happen? I know it's almost December but I think I'm refusing to accept it. I have no desire to go hit the malls with all the other bagillion people shopping. Last year I did a lot online but this year I'm behind on that....*SIGH*

Well the Thanksgiving Holiday/4 Day weekend was good for us. We ate a LOT of food, got to relax, hung out with friends and hung out with our dogggies.

Thursday morning I slept in pretty late because I was fighting off a cold which thankfully didn't develop into anything major and went away. I got up around noonish, YES NOON :o) and started preparing those yummy Jalapeno Thingies from Pioneer Women's site. YUM! Once those were done we started getting ready and headed out of the house around 3 to Daly City. We celebrated Thanksgiving at Rocky's parent's house and this year there were about 20 of us. We had food for about 100. There was the usual Thanksgiving spread, Filipino dishes and all kinds other stuff including some yummy desserts. I was stuffed like a piggie when we left there and even got a nice package of leftovers to take home. It was a nice mellow evening with the Reyes Family.

Friday, I slept in again but not too late. We had plans to meet my friend Debbie and her parents for lunch and then wine tasting in Livermore. We had lunch at a very cowboyish/westerney looking restaurant in Livermore which I can't remember the name of but was really good. We hit the wineries after that and I think we managed to make about 7 wineries. Some we just walked into and looked around and others we actually tasted at. One of the stops I wanted to make was at Concannon. We just opened up a bottle of their wine and really liked it so we wanted to buy some more. I also found a new place I liked, Tamas Estates, so we got a bottle there. Afterwards, we headed home to relax.

Saturday morning, we actually got up fairly early and headed to Pt. Isabel with the doggies for their weekend stroll around the park. We ran into Petra & Domino so we chatted/walked with Petra for a bit before they took off. We finished off the loop and then it was bath time for the doggies. They always hate this part :o( We finished up there and then decided to go bike shopping. It was suppose to be window shopping but now there sits a pretty new bike in our house :o)

Last year I got a new bike to do the Triathlon and although it served it's purpose the bike is too big for me. It's the smallest that came in that model but it's still just a few inches to big so it makes riding it a bit uncomfortable. One of our running friends from the Summer Team is interested in buying my old one and is getting it fitted to see if it'll work for her, if it doesn't then I'll be selling it on craigslist. I can get a pretty good amount for it since it's only a year old and only has 200 miles on it. New, the bike is still quite pricey. Anyway, so we've been looking online for new ones and had picked 3 of them to go look at. I found one that I really liked and had components, fit me and was on sale. The bonus was that when were were finishing up paperwork the guy remembered we were with TNT so he gave us the TNT discount....woohooo...so we couldn't pass it up. I'll have to post pictures later, I haven't downloaded them off my camera.

While we were at the bike shop my BIL, SIL and niece & nephew met up with us so we could go out to dinner. We all drove out to Lafayette and met Rocky's cousin, Rodney, there. We had dinner at Bo's. The food was finger licking good :o) We will definitely be going back there again, but maybe not so soon. It was a lot off food and once again we had stuffed our bellies.

Noticing a trend here? Eat, Sleep, Repeat :o)

Sunday, we got up and headed out on the bikes. We went on an 11 mile bike ride on the Lafayette/Moraga Trail. It was super chilly so we froze and I wasn't feeling so hot from all the food we'd eaten the past few days. It was good to be out though and it was good to be on the new bike which I can tell is gonna make a huge difference in my comfort when riding.

Rocky and I have decided to do the Solvang Bike Ride. Since we aren't planning on a spring half marathon we figured we'd better find a new goal. Rocky is going to do the century and I'm going to do the 50 miler. We will be training on our own. If we joined the cycle team with Team in Training we'd have to raise about $4500 and we just finished fundraising for the run team so that won't work for us :o( I'm sure though we'll find some riding buddies and manage to get the training in on our own. My goal is to eventually complete a century but I think that'll have to wait til next year when I can join the team and fundraise again. It'll be nice though to go down there and see what doing a bike race is like. A few of our running buddies are on the team so we'll know people doing it as well. Should be fun.

My eating for the weekend finished off with a very good salami sandwich for lunch after the bike ride. Then we went home and plopped on the bed with the doggies and watched TV for the rest of the day. It was super cold in our house so we actually had to turn the heater on for the first time. It got nice and toasty to I fit in a nap and then watched more tv.

Monday was back to work and it's been pretty hectic. I've been a good girl as far as eating and plan to be at least until the Christmas festivities begin. I heard on the radio that the average American gains 6 lbs between November and Jauary....YIKES! That's not good!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Yeah for Solvang!

Rock said...

Solvang! Mmmm... pastries...