Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 24, 2006

HOT, HOT, HOT

WOW was it HOT this weekend :o( not fun when you need to get out and run but we did. Saturday Olivia, Karen and I were going to head out to Berkeley Marina for a 7 mile run but after thinking about it more we thought that might not be a good idea since there run there has NO shade at all. Olivia and I decided to go ahead and just run on the Iron Horse Trai/Contra Costa Canal Trail behind our house. Karen ran at San Leandro Marina. We headed out at about 6:45 and it already felt pretty warm :o( but at least the way we were going has a little bit of shade. Even though it had gotten pretty warm I felt good and we made pretty good time. I did have to stop and walk for a few minutes because my left shin and left knee have been bothering me. The pain kind of came and went so I was able to do my 7 miles in pretty good time. By the time we got back it was about 8ish and I check online to see how hot it was, it was already 78 although it felt like 98. I'm glad that we go out there though and did the darn thing :o)

1 comment:

Phil said...

good job in getting out there despite the intense heat! woohoo 7 miles...halfway to the half!