Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 11, 2008

FINALLY A NEW POST :o)

It's going to be a long one since I need to catch up from the last two weeks. I'm gonna have to see if I can remember it all.

Thursday, Nov. 27th - Thanksgiving
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Rocky's family. We weren't able to see mine :o( since my mommy had to work the whole weekend, even Thanksgiving. This year everyone pitched in and we all had a dish to bring. I was in charge of mashe potatoes and string beans. Nice and easy. There was lots of food, lots of desserts and it was all super yummy.

This is only part of what was there :o)



Friday, Nov. 28th

It was a nice relaxing day. Hubby and I took the doggies to the dog park and made the race each other. It was a great way to get them tired out :o) They've been cooped up in the house for quite some time.


After the doggie park we headed home, gave them a bath and then just relaxed. In the afternoon we headed to the spa for massages. It was so nice and relaxing. Afterwards we had a yummy dinner at Cafe Esin.


Saturday, Nov. 29th
Rocky and I headed out early for a nice bike ride with a co-worker of mine and her husband. They ride in Sonoma every weekend so they invited us to join them. It was a very nice day and we were able to get 32 miles in. Lynn, my co-worker, was a great help and gave me lots of tips. After our ride we had a nice lunch the Red Grape Pizzaria in the Sonoma Square. We walked around and finished our day off with some yummy gelato.

Headed back home, unpacked the car, took showers and headed back out the door. We headed to San Francisco to celebrate my brother-in-laws birthday. We had dinner at Butterfly and had a very yummy dinner and lots of fun hanging out with friends.


Sunday, Nov. 30th
hmmm, what the heck did we do on Sunday??? Okay, this is sad, I really have no idea what we did. Maybe we just hung out at home. I can't remember at all :o( boy, I'm getting old. Was this the day I rode with Jeanette and Phil? Help!!! Hmm, maybe it is the day I rode with them. Okay, I give up.

Rest of the week was pretty hectic and training has really taken a back seat at least during the week. Which is NOT good. That needs to change very quickly.

Friday, Dec. 5th
Rocky's was given the opportunity to attend the Academy of Science and bring me along :o) I had never been there and was pretty excited to go. I guess it just had a major overhaul. I LOVED IT and can't wait to go back. We had a great time spending the day together there and afterwards we had dinner in SF before heading back home. It was a nice day with my hubby.



Saturday, Dec. 6th
OH BOY!! The Three Bears in Orinda. We've head how tough this ride is and I was pretty nervous about it. I was also excited to do it and say that I had done it. It turned out to be a tough day physically and emotionally. Everyone did an awesome job though and I'm proud of our team. I can't give too much info on here but we had 2 riders down and 2 ambulances :o( so that rattles us quite a bit. Happy to report though that both of those people are doing good and on their way to recovering.

I made it up what is called Mama Bear, HILLY, which was 15 miles out. I did not continue on with my team for the last 9 miles though and got a ride back. I have been having lots of knee/shin pain in my right leg and we think it's due to my pedals/cleats. The rest of the ride was harder so my coach advised me to stop and not overdue. It's still early in the season and the ride was only 25 miles. We've done some adjustments and we'll see what happens this weekend. If it still hurts I'll need to go in and see someone and have them help me with adjusting my pedals or mayb even buying different pedals with more supports. I'll keep you posted. My goal is to go back and conquer all 3 bears :o)

In the evening Rocky and I headed to Daly City to his parents house. They were having everyone over and some friends to watch the Oscar de la Hoya fight. I didn't realize until I got there what the big deal about the fight was besides Oscar hadn't fought in a long time. Well the other guy was Filipino....aaaaahhhhh....I get it. Well the little filipino man won. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone especially my sister-in-law, Hideko. We kept screaming and closing our eyes every time Oscar got punched in the face, it was a bit stressful. Such girls!!

Sunday, Dec. 7th
A very very early morning. I was up at 4am, showered, dressed and out of the house by 5 to pick up Olivia. We headed to Sacramento to cheer on Lael and our other TNT friends running the Cal International Marathon. We FROZE our tushies off but we had a really fun time. Lael even PR'd so it was a good day for him. Afterwards we had lunch and then headed home.

Okay, I think I'm caught up now.

I have not done a single thing in regards to Christmas and that makes me not only sad but gives me anxiety. Rocky and I need to get on the ball so I'm guessing this weekend we'll be doing some shopping, card sending and getting a tree. I still can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. YIKES!!!

The holiday parties have begun which means so has the eating :o) gonna have to be careful on that one and not over do it.

:o)

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I really enjoyed reading your post! You and Rocky have a great time together. You really did find your soul mate...I'm so happy for you both. I didn't know you are so into bike riding! Please be careful (this is Mama Bear talking :D). A very, Merry Christmas to you both!! Love, Sylvia