Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 28, 2008

Back to work....

.....at least for a few days.

We survived Christmas and I think maybe I only gained a few pounds. LOL. As I sit here eating yet another piece of chocolate. I told Rocky he must take them to work tomorrow and get them out of our house.

I've been sick since Tuesday but I managed to keep myself nice and medicated on Tylenol Cold Medicine and Theraflu and I made it through the festivities. I seem to be fine during the day but feel icky at night :o(

Christmas Eve Rocky and I both worked for a few hours and then headed home to finish wrapping presents and cook a few things for dinner at Martin & Minnelli's house. We headed over to Daly City about 5:30. Most of the family was there and we had all brought a nice combination of food. Minnelli cooked a super yummy roast as the main dish. The food was all super good as were all the desserts. After dinner we did the gift exchange which was just a Kris Kringle type thing. We each brought a gift, you put them all in the middle and each pick a gift. Except it took about 30 minutes to figure out if we'd be stealing gifts or just keeping the one you picked. It was quite funny and in the end we decided with stealing gifts til everyone had picked. It was a very fun night.

Rocky and I headed home and opened gifts at home with the doggies. Then we hit the sack since we had to head back to Daly City on Christmas Day for brunch at my in-laws.

Christmas Day was yet another day filled with food and desserts and more presents. This time no stealing :o) The entire day we sat and relaxed, ate, relaxed, ate.... :o) The doggies got to enjoy the day as well with the family and got spoiled by everyone.

The rest of our weekend has pretty much consisted of relaxing, watching movies at home, a littel shopping, a little more eating and me trying to get better. I'm worried I won't be able to get up tomorrow for work. I've been going to bed late and getting up late :o) Luckily we only have to work 3 days :o) yipee and then.....woohoo it's 2009.

It's been a crazy year for us and we are looking forward to 09 and what it will bring.

Hope you all had a great Christmas

No comments: