Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 30, 2006

OUCHIE...

.....I HATE clipless pedals :o( I decided yesterday that I should probably get out and ride my bike before I actually have to ride with the team. I needed to figure out how to use my new shoes, clipless pedals and just get used to all the stuff on my new bike. I have to ride this Wednesday night and I didn't want to have to figure all that stuff out on my own and in the dark. So, Rocky went home and got his bike. He was going to be my teacher for the afternoon since he has been doing this for a while. I got on all my gear on, which took about 45min because we had to make sure my helmet was nice and snug. We headed over to the Iron Horse Trail which happens to run right behind our condo.

I get on the bike, clip in the left pedal, start pedaling and clip in the right. It wasn't as bad as I thought....until Rocky told me to try clipping out and stopping. It was more like clip out and tumble hard on the ground :o( thank god we were on the trail and not on the street somewhere in the middle of traffic. I checked to make sure I was okay and tried it again. This time I clipped in the right pedal and then the left. That seamed a little easier for me. I was going for a little bit and then Rocky told me to try clipping out again and stopping. Once again I managed to clip out okay but didn't stop and slammed into the ground, this time on my right hand side :o( urrgghhh. Of course being a girly girl, I wanted to cry and go home but I didn't. I once again checked to make sure I was okay and didn't break anything and I got back on the bike. I tried it again with a few more tips from Rocky. Guess what? This time....I DID IT and then I DID IT again...woohooo. Then we went home because everything started hurting :o( from my first two meetings with the ground. I am going to practice in my living room just clipping in and out of my pedals and on Wednesday I will hit the trail again and hope that I can stay vertical :o) I love my new bike, it feels awesome and thanks to Rocky ALL of my stuff is now on it.

my left knee :o(

my new bike :o)

3 comments:

Rock said...

Aaaah, war wounds... the true badges of experience... don't worry, it happens to the best of us. Still.

Phil said...

wowsa...i guess i shouldn't complain about my blisters anymore =)

stay strong and positive...cuz you will master the damn thing!

Claudia said...

Phil, you can complain about your blisters anytime you'd like...those suckers were huge :o( as Rocky said....war wounds :o)

Only a few scratches on the pedals from when they hit the ground but no damange the bike itself...phew.