Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 30, 2006

Kick Off


Our Kick Off Celebration for the Spring Season was on Saturday. We met in the big ballroom at the Oakland Marriott. First all of the teams meet in one huge room, tri, run, walk & cycle teams. We listen to someone talk about the cause and why we are all here. We also get to hear one of the team honoree's tell us their cancer story. They get everyone pumped up for the new season and tell them our secret hand shake which is actually just a really loud GO TEAM!!!! which we will hear a lot while we are out on the road training. After the big session we break out into smaller rooms with our team and meet our mentees. They get to meet the rest of the mentors, coaches and team honorees. I now have 8 mentees :o) and I am very excited. I got to meet 5 of them and 3 weren't able to make it so I will meet them later. I have a great group and I think we'll have lots of fun training together. Our official training starts next Saturday although we do need to start working out this week to get us used to the routine of having to workout 6 days a week. I can't wait.

Week 1
Monday - REST
Tuesday - Swim 20 min easy
Wednesday - Bike 20-30 min easy
Thursday - Run 20-30 min easy
Friday - Swim 20 min easy
Saturday - Triathlon University (we learn about everything we'll need this season)
Sunday - Bike 30-45 min easy

No comments: