Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 04, 2011

The Nursery

We are moving along little by little with getting the nursery ready. The biggest challenge is space in our home. It's small and Rocky and I have used every inch of space we had open. We had to come up with a clever way for us all to fit comfortably and for all of our things to fit as well.

The spare bedroom was our guest room/computer room/wii room/tri bag room/my closet and dresser room and now it's going to become baby girls room. We originally figured that we would get a smaller desk and leave Rocky in there but he decided to go ahead and let that be her room and he would move to our breakfast nook area.

We got curtains for the breakfast nook and we also put one of our other bookshelves in there and everything fit nicely. I think he's pretty happy with his set up. We still got him a smaller desk which we really like and hides all of the stuff so it's not all out in the open.

Then I started working on the rest of the room. We had to get our daybed out of there and store it away. I also consolidated the things I had in my dresser to just two drawers so that I can share my dresser with the baby. I still have to clean out my closet which I'm dreading. I've gotten rid of a lot of clothes but there is still a lot in there as well as my huge collection of shoes :( ick. Will work on that while I'm off the next few days.

The room is pretty much ready for hubby to paint :)

We've picked out paint from Behr, Gentle Rain.



We didn't want to paint the walls pink because we wanted a more neutral color and one that we won't have to change if and when we have a second baby, if it is a boy they will have to share so the grey will work for both would work nicely for both genders. We are going with grey walls and pink/white accent colors. The furniture will all be black since that is what we already have. I really liked the curtains I found for Rocky's new office so I think I'll use the same ones in the baby's room in white.

Our neighbor offered us her crib and we have decided to put her crib in our bedroom. I have always wanted a wrought iron crib if I ever decorated a nursery and I found one that I fell in love with and at a great price so we ordered it and that will go in the actual nursery. The crib will not be here until sometime in June which is fine, the room should be painted by then and ready for the crib arrival.



Since we are going with grey/pink/white and black we found the perfect sheets at Restoration Hardware Baby and I will be ordering those soon and we have a friend who'll be giving us her baby girls bedding so we are all set there....yipee!!

No comments: