Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 30, 2011

30 weeks

Can't believe that we are only 10 weeks away from meeting our little girl. For the most part I've had a pretty easy pregnancy and hopefully it continues that way.

How many weeks? 30

From the American Pregnancy Association:
What changes are occurring with your body? You may begin noticing that you become tired easily during this last part of pregnancy. This may be especially true if you are having difficulty sleeping at night. Some women are able to experiment with different sleeping positionsthat make sleep a little easier. If you are suffering from insomnia, and it is becoming increasingly worse, you may want to consult with your healthcare provider. During this later part of pregnancy, you may also experience mood swings. Some of you may have experienced this in the earlier part of pregnancy as well.

Your body is producing a number of different hormones that can cause your joints to become looser. This may result in your feet actually getting larger. Some women report that their feet grow one shoe size during their pregnancy. This is normally a permanent change.*

How big is your baby? Your baby has now grown to be about 15.15 inches long (CHL) and weighs about 3 pounds.*

What is happening with your baby?
As your baby continues to grow, he/she takes up a larger portion of your uterus. You may not feel that your body can handle your growing baby, but it will compensate by allowing your uterus to extend underneath your rib cage.

Your baby’s eyes are becoming more mature, and now he/she can tell the difference between light and dark. Babies at 30 weeks can even follow a light source with his/her eyes. Once your baby is born, he/she will spend a great deal of time with their eyes closed. This is completely normal. Newborns only have the ability to focus on objects a few inches from their faces. While “normal” adult vision is 20/20, a newborn’s vision is 20/400.*

from thebump.com.......Baby's now the size of a squash!
As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

Doctor Appts? We had our hospital tour last week and it was a little weird to be there. We realized that the next time we'd be walking those halls in Labor and Delivery would be when we have baby girl. We also had an appt on Friday and her heartbeat sounded great and our doctor was kind enough to do an ultrasound. It's always fun seeing her.

Weight Gain? 19lbs

Stretch Marks? None

Belly Button In or Out? Still in and I did find a belly button ring that is made for pregnancy so I went into the tattoo shop the other day and had mine replaced.

Maternity Clothes? Still wearing a combination of both maternity pants and regular tops and some of my old dresses. I have an interview this Wednesday so I had to go out and buy an "interview" dress because none of my nice work clothes fit, luckily I don't have to dress up too much for work so it's saved me a lot of money.

Sleep? I have good nights and bad nights :( the knee/hip pain continues to be an issue at night.

My favorite snack? Still happy eating all foods :) and lately I've been having either ice cream or almond covered M&M's as my dessert!

What I miss? Bloody Mary's...LOL!

Baby Preparations? The room is painted!! YAY!! THANK YOU HUBBY!! The room is painted and just waiting to be filled with baby girls stuff. We have a dresser in there already and it's got a few outfits including her coming home outfit which I found at a local children's store. I can't wait for her to wear it. I also need to stay out of the store or I'll go broke, haa, haa!! The owner has some great stuff in there.

I need to buy some detergent the next time I hit Target so I can wash all her little clothes. We've got her car seat which we are going to put in the car soon and take down to CHP to inspect.

I still have not put our bag together :( but will for sure do that soon. I don't want us to be caught not having it ready.

Things are all slowly coming together and we are feeling pretty good.

No comments: