Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 24, 2010

Ironteam Wildflower Training Weekend

He Swam (1.2 miles)

He Rode (56 miles)

He Ran (13.1 miles)

He Completed his First Half Ironman Distance Triathlon (70.3 miles)

We Volunteered and We Cheered

I am proud of him


**********************************************************

I think we are still trying to recover from the weekend, we are pooped but life goes on. Hubby's schedule had no rest time since they rested on Sunday (we drove back home from Wildflower) and I'm go go go with getting ready for the Oakland Half Marathon this weekend. Hubby's band is playing on the mainstage and I'll be running the race with a few friends including my neighbor. This is her first half marathon so my plan is to stay with her for the race.

For some reason I have really enjoyed running this season more than usual. I think part of it is that having my trainer has helped me so much and I don't feel like I'm struggling like I used to. It probably also helps that I've now lost 15lbs and I'm not carrying all that weight around. All the hard work has really paid off.

2 comments:

Rock said...

Thanks for all your support lil lady! Kick butt on your half marathon this Sunday- I'll see you at the start and the finish!

Jeanette said...

You have done such a wonderful job. I'm so proud of you and Rocky both! Keep it up and have a great race Sunday.