Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 16, 2009

A Tough Decision

I had to make a decision about my training and I have to admit it was a tough one. I've been doing this endurance event thing for 6 years and even when I've been injured I've followed through and done my races. There have been marathons where I have trained my littls tushy off and same last season with my triathlon. I gave it my all and it paid off. I have not been able to do that this season though. :o( and that has been bothering me quite a bit.

I am finally recovering from being sick but being sick took me out of cycling for 3 weeks. That's not good. Before getting sick though I was only riding on Saturday's, not good. Now that I'm not sick I would be able to ride on Saturday's but I would continue to not be able to ride during the week. We have some things going on. I promise soon you will know :o) it's good something good but it's something that needs my 100% attention which means I can't give that 100% attention to my riding. Riding only on Saturday's is kicking my butt and now that we are getting into the longer mileage it's just going to get worse. Anyway, after talking to my hubby and coaches I've decided that the best thing to do is to NOT do Solvang :o( I just don't have the time to commit to my training. It's all for a good reason and the good thing is Solvang isn't going anywhere I can join the team again next winter. I am still going to be on the volunteer staff as the web captain, I will still be helping out on Saturday's as SAG support and I will still travel to Solvang to cheer my teammates on. I just won't be training for it anymore and doing the race.

I am very sad but it's a smart choice for me right now.

My goal is to do some Sunday short rides and start running again now that it's beginning to stay light out longer. In June we start training for the Chicago Marathon and by then things will have calmed down quite a bit and I'll be able to once again focus on training.

I really liked my riding group and will miss them but I'm happy I can still be out there to support them :o)

5 comments:

Phil said...

so sorry about this lost training season. there will be other rides. Yeah Chicago! Reg. opens Feb. 1st!

Jeanette said...

You are a smart lady! You made the right choice, as difficult as it is.

Sylvia said...

A good decision for you! Your health is the most important thing of all...I'm sending you a hug and a prayer for really good health the rest of the year...:D And thank you for putting my blog up on your list!

Anonymous said...

Claudia-That is too bad about Solvang, but I think you made the right choice. I am glad that we will be training together again this summer.

Candace

runnergrl123 said...

You are making a smart move. But I know it's a tough one. There will be more races and I think your health is much more important. If you need a riding or running buddy, let me know. :o)